Franklin Attorney Judy A. Oxford
I have been practicing law in middle Tennessee since 1987. I began my career at a law firm in downtown Nashville, worked with the Tennessee Attorney General’s Office, was in-house attorney with a major manufacturing company and have had my own firm since 1996. Professionally, I am a member and past president of the Williamson County Bar Association, a member and past Treasurer of the Lawyers’ Association for Women, and a member and past secretary of the Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women. I am admitted to practice in all Tennessee state courts and in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
Additionally, I have met the qualifications and completed the training to be listed as a Rule 31 Family Mediator in Tennessee, and I have been practicing alternative dispute resolution (ADR) since 1997.
When clients choose me, they know that they will be working directly with an attorney who brings over 30 years of experience to their case and their representation.
General law practice—trial lawyer—both civil and criminal litigation. My experience in civil litigation includes divorces, adoptions, custody, visitation, child support disputes, juvenile court work, probate, probate administration, business and partnership disputes, real estate disputes, personal injury cases, guardianships and conservatorships, dependency and neglect cases, termination of parental rights, orders of protection and restraining order issues, residential and commercial lease matters, and other general matters. Also, I handle non-litigated matters such as drafting and reviewing contracts, wills and estates matters, small business formation and issues, and other general matters.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Super Lawyers - Midsouth, Family Law, Since 2020
- Board of Law Examiners of Tennessee, District 6, Member, District Investigating Committee since 2003, Chair 2014-2022
- The Tennessee John Marshall American Inns of Court since 2012
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Lawyers of Distinction, listed since 2020
- Legal Aid Society Board of Directors, 2007 - 2019
- DUI Court Foundation, Williamson County, Board of Directors (2015 - 2017)
- Williamson County Bar Association, President 2001-2002, Vice-President 1999-2000, Secretary 1998-1999
- Lawyer’s Association for Women – Nashville, Treasurer 1992-1993, Chair of Banquet Committee 1993, Chair of New Admitted Breakfast Committee 1991
- Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women, Secretary 1995-1997, Member of Convention Planning Committee 1992
- 10 Best – Client Satisfaction Award from American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 2017-2022
Past Employment Positions
- International Comfort Products, Inc., LaVergne & Lewisburg, Tennessee, Attorney, 1993 – 1996
- State of Tennessee Office of the Attorney General, Nashville, Tennessee, Assistant Attorney General, 1992 – 1993
- Parker, Lawrence, Cantrell & Dean, Nashville, Tennessee, Associate Attorney, 1987 – 1992
- Parker, Lawrence, Cantrell & Dean, Nashville, Tennessee, Law Clerk, 1987
- Saturn & Mazur, Nashville, Tennessee, Law Clerk, 1986 – 1987
- Manier, Herod, Hollabaugh & Smith, P.C., Nashville, Tennessee, Law Clerk, 1985 – 1986
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Professor James W. Ely & Professor Donald J. Hall, Research Assistant, 1985
- Metropolitan Nashville Water and Sewage Department, Nashville, Tennessee, Chemist, 1981 – 1983
- Petra, Merchandise Manager, 1983 – 1984
- Crockett Academy, Tennessee Dept. of Mental Health, Nashville, Tennessee, Associate Teacher/Counselor, 1978 – 1981
- Speaker, "Conservatorships", Seminar for Tennessee Bar Association - Solos and Small Firm
- Speaker, “The Care and Feeding of the In-House Expert”, Michigan Bar Association, Seminar on Product Liability Issues, 1994