Franklin Probate & Estate Administration Lawyer
Being named as the personal representative or executor of a loved one’s estate is both an honor and a serious responsibility. Unfortunately, most people in this position have no idea what the probate process requires of them after their loved one has passed on.
As an attorney, I provide legal advice and estate administration services to personal representatives and executors throughout middle Tennessee. As a solo practitioner, I can assure you that you’ll receive close personal attention and that you’ll have a lawyer with many years of experience working with you and personally handling matters from start to finish. Call or contact me for a free 20-minute initial consultation today.
As a lawyer, I provide a variety of affordable services, including wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, and health care directives.
The probate process itself is fairly straightforward in most cases. Here are the basic steps I can take on your behalf, or guide you through:
- Filing petitions to probate and obtaining letters testamentary or letters of administration
- Identifying, collecting and establishing the value of the estate’s assets and liabilities
- Notifying creditors and paying off or settling legitimate claims against the estate
- Distributing the decedent’s remaining assets in accordance with their will or Tennessee law
- Closing the estate, which may include completing tax returns or filing additional papers with the probate court
In addition to probate, I also help people to establish guardianships and conservatorships over loved ones who are not able to make good decisions for themselves. Last, I would like to mention that I am an effective trial lawyer who can effectively protect your interests in all types of probate litigation, including will contests.
I offer free initial consultations by phone, or face-to-face at my offices in Franklin, Tennessee (located near the intersection of Murfreesboro Road and Mack Hatcher Parkway).