Franklin Family Law Attorney
Changes in your family can happen for many reasons and result in very specific legal needs. You may be getting married and need a prenuptial agreement. Or you may face some other issue such as a family member with special needs who needs to be protected through a conservatorship.
No matter what your particular issue is, it’s important to have a skilled and trusted advocate at your side. I am Judy A. Oxford, an experienced family law attorney. I can help you resolve the legal challenges you face as your family life transitions to a different form.
Based in Franklin, I serve clients in the Nashville area and the surrounding parts of central Tennessee. I encourage you to get in touch with me today to arrange a complimentary 20-minute consultation about your unique situation.
What Issues Do You Need To Resolve?
Safeguarding the best interests of family members amid the unpredictable challenges of life takes careful planning. With nearly 30 years of experience practicing law, I am prepared to assist you with a full range of issues. These include:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — In certain situations, concern about protecting your separate property is very legitimate. A prenup or postnup can enable you to do this while still remaining fully committed to your spouse.
- Guardianships or conservatorships — A minor child or an adult who lacks the capacity to make his or her own decisions may require the appointment of a representative to manage property or take other action to manage necessary affairs.
- Juvenile offenses — If your child is in trouble with the justice system, it’s important to address the situation proactively. I can work with the authorities to resolve the matter in a way that protects your child’s rights.
- Cohabitation/unmarried parents — Many couples never marry, and many parents don’t stay together, whether they are married or not. If you are separating from a partner you weren’t married to, I can help you protect your legal interests.
In all of these areas, I take a client-focused, compassionate approach, guiding you forward to take the actions now that are needed for a better future.
- Juvenile Offenses
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Estate Debt Settlement