Jump to Navigation

Franklin Parental Relocation Lawyer

Custodial parents (those with primary residence of their child) are often under the impression that they can move with their child(ren) as they please. This, however, is not the case. The original parenting plan must be consulted. If the custodial parent intends on moving with a child, the other parent in the custody agreement must be notified by certified mail at least 60 days prior to the intended move date, and certain other requirements also apply.

As a Franklin parental relocation attorney serving clients throughout middle Tennessee, I can work to ensure the proper legal procedures are followed and that your child(ren)'s best interests are looked out for. Of course, a relocation will affect the parenting time agreed to in your parenting plan. Coming to a modified agreement can involve many complex issues that an experienced lawyer should help you negotiate to ensure your rights and interests are protected.

Contact the law office of Judy A. Oxford, Attorney at Law, today to schedule a consultation. We will discuss your case, and I will ensure that you understand all your options along with exactly how I can help in our first meeting.

Working for Your Best Possible Results | Protecting Your Rights

In child relocation cases, I work with both mothers and fathers to protect their parental rights. We will examine your case and the issues that will arise from relocation. Important factors to consider include:

  • The amount of time each parent is responsible for the child(ren)
  • The relationship of your child(ren) with their other parent
  • Your child(ren)'s best interests in schooling
  • Where your child(ren)'s friends are
  • The age of your child(ren)
  • Other factors

Losing parenting time or losing contact is difficult for any parent, but your child(ren)'s best interests could determine the relocation is beneficial. It is vital for your relationship with your child(ren) that you consult with an experienced attorney. With more than 15 years of experience as a full practitioner, I will work directly with you to advocate and develop the strongest case possible for your unique situation.

Nashville Parenting Plan Modification Attorney

Contact my office directly to schedule an initial consultation at 615-791-8511 in the Franklin area . I also respond to e-mails that briefly describe your situation and concerns.

Practice Areas

Office Location

Judy A. Oxford, Attorney at Law
400 Sugartree Lane
Suite 520
Franklin, TN 37064

Phone: 615-791-8511
Fax: 615-791-1346
Franklin Law Office Map

Contact Judy A. Oxford

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Judy A. Oxford, Attorney at Law, serves clients throughout the middle Tennessee region, including Williamson County, Rutherford County, Davidson County, Dickson County, Maury County, Marshall County, Cheatham County, Sumner County and Wilson County, including the cities of Franklin, Nashville, Brentwood, Murfreesboro, Spring Hill, Columbia, Dickson, Centerville, Smyrna, La Vergne, Ashland City and Lewisburg.

Privacy Policy | Legal Marketing® by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.